Termos de Serviço
SLOWLY is owned and operated by Slowly Communications Limited. If you have any questions or comments about these Terms of Service (TOS), please contact us at [email protected]
You consent to receive commercial email, text, sms and other messages from us, and agree that we may use your email address, phone number and other personal information for the purpose of initiating commercial messages. Receiving these communications is a condition of using SLOWLY and you will not be able to opt out of receiving them.
We reserve the right to change these TOS at any time. You are responsible to keep yourself apprised of any such changes. If you object to any terms and conditions of the TOS or any subsequent changes or you become dissatisfied with SLOWLY in any way, your only option is to delete your account. Your continued use of SLOWLY after we post revised TOS means that you agree to the revisions.
You must be at least 12 years old to download SLOWLY. By requesting to use, or using SLOWLY, you represent and warrant that you are not required to register as a sex offender with any government entity.
2. Conduct On SLOWLY
YOU SHOULD NOT:
- upload or transmit any Content (which we define below) that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, obscene, violent, patently offensive, invasive of another’s privacy, contains personally identifiable information of another or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or harm (including self-harm) or is otherwise objectionable;
- upload or transmit images which contain nudity, weapons, violence, or drugs;
- harm, stalk or otherwise harass another;
- impersonate, or misrepresent your relationship with, any person or entity (this includes pretending to be a minor if you are not);
- upload or transmit any Content that you do not have a right to make available, or that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, privacy, or other proprietary rights of any party;
- upload or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation, or offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes;
- upload or transmit software viruses or any other harmful computer code, files or programs, or use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering or extraction methods;
- disrupt or impose an unreasonable burden on SLOWLY (or another person’s use of SLOWLY) or networks connected to SLOWLY, or breach or attempt to breach the security of SLOWLY; or
- register accounts or post Content automatically, systematically, or programmatically.
- use SLOWLY in connection with any commercial activity. Companies and other organizations may not become members of SLOWLY nor use SLOWLY without our express prior approval.
- keep your password private and secure, and always remember to log off of SLOWLY at the end of each session.
- solely liable and responsible for your interactions with other users. We reserve the right to monitor disputes between you and other users, but we have no obligation to do so.
- use SLOWLY for your personal use only and you may not use it for any other purpose.
We reserve the right to investigate any suspected unauthorized uses of SLOWLY and we may take action in our sole discretion, including without limitation seeking legal, civil, criminal, or injunctive relief.
We may establish general practices and limits concerning use of SLOWLY, including without limitation the number of days that we retain Content, the number and size of posts and messages you may send or receive, and the space we allot on our servers for your use. We have no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other Content. We may terminate accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time.
These guidelines are not exhaustive, and we have the right to make all judgments regarding the applicability of these guidelines – in letter or in spirit – in our sole and absolute discretion.
3. No Spam Policy
You may not engage in any activity involving spam on SLOWLY. Violations of this policy may result in immediate termination of service and legal action against any spammer. Accordingly, you may not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available junk mail, commercial advertisements, or any other form of commercial solicitation on SLOWLY. Violations of this policy could subject you or your agents to civil and criminal penalties.
4. Safety and Security
We do not currently conduct criminal background screenings for our members. We reserve the right, however, to conduct any criminal background check we deem appropriate, at any time and using available public records. By agreeing to these TOS, you hereby authorize any such check.
If you are under the age of 18, we encourage you to discuss with your parent(s) or guardian(s) online safety issues for all of your social media memberships, including your SLOWLY account.
We do not claim ownership of your Content, but you hereby grant us a perpetual, assignable, world-wide, royalty free, sub-licensable and non-exclusive license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, combine, synchronize, create derivative works from, publicly perform and publicly display such Content (including your user name and likeness) on SLOWLY or otherwise for any promotional and other commercial purpose, whether by us, our partners or other third parties, in our sole discretion. We may use your feedback, comments and suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them. We may continue to use and make available any and all Content and we will continue to have all of these rights even if your account is terminated.
You acknowledge and agree that we do not promise to screen Content, but that we have the right to do so. We have the right to remove any Content that violates the TOS or that we find objectionable. You accept liability associated with the use of any Content, including but not limited to your reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.
You may not reproduce, re-publish, further distribute or publicly exhibit any Content on SLOWLY that is not yours.
6. Virtual Currency and Subscriptions
When you purchase virtual currency (Coins), you do not own them. Instead, you receive a limited right to use them for eligible services and products on SLOWLY such as Stamps, Avatars, Postcards, and the purchase of virtual Gifts for other users.
Purchases of Coins are non-refundable and non-transferable, even if they expire or are revoked or discontinued. We may change the purchase price for Coins at any time, as well as the ways you can use Coins. We reserve the right to revoke or stop issuing Coins at any time without notice, refund, or compensation, and to set expiration dates for Coins. Coins may not be redeemed for any sum of money or monetary value. If you delete your account or your account is terminated for any reason, you will lose all accumulated Coins without refund or other compensation. You agree that we will have no liability to you based on our exercise of our rights with respect to Coins.
Coins purchased by any user do not constitute property and are not transferable.
You may purchase a subscription product (SLOWLY Premium) to redeem extra app functions and services. For all mobile subscriptions, payment will be charged to your Apple App Store or Google Play Store account when you confirm your purchase. Your subscription will renew automatically unless you switch off the auto-renew feature at least 24 hours before the end of your current subscription. This is because your account may be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of your current subscription period. You can manage your subscription and switch off auto-renewal by accessing your iTunes or Google account settings. You may not cancel your current subscription during the subscription period, although you may cancel automatic renewal at any time.
Both Apple App Store or Google Play Store facilitate “free trials” of subscription products for first-time users and we take advantage of that ability. For example, from time to time we offer a free initial week to first-time SLOWLY Premium subscribers. Eligibility for any such trial is limited to users who have not previously subscribed to SLOWLY Premium, through either a current or prior SLOWLY account. If you are a previous SLOWLY Premium subscriber and try to claim a free trial, you should be aware that Apple App Store or Google Play Store may recognize your ineligibility. If so, you may not receive a free trial, but instead may be charged immediately for your first subscription month. This is a feature controlled by Apple App Store or Google Play Store, depending on which platform you use for SLOWLY.
Purchases of Subscriptions are non-refundable and non-transferable, even if they expire or are discontinued. We may change the purchase price for Subscriptions at any time, as well as the features included in Subscriptions. We reserve the right to stop issuing Subscriptions at any time and to set expiration dates for Subscriptions. Subscriptions may not be redeemed for any sum of money or monetary value. If you delete your account or your account is terminated for any reason, you will lose all unused Subscription time without refund or other compensation.
7. Our Proprietary Rights
SLOWLY and the software used in connection with SLOWLY contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You may not copy, modify, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, rent, sell, assign, sublicense, infringe or otherwise transfer or attempt to transfer any rights in the software. You may not modify the software in any manner or form or to use modified versions of the software. You may not access SLOWLY by any means other than through an interfaces we provide.
8. We May Contact You
You agree that we may communicate with you by email, text messaging, phone or otherwise; usually our communication will relate to administrative, security and other issues relating to SLOWLY. Receiving these communications is a condition of your use of SLOWLY, and you will not be able to opt out of receiving them. You may, however, block all communication from us by deleting your SLOWLY account.
9. Availability of Service
We may at any time and from time to time modify, restrict or discontinue SLOWLY or any part of SLOWLY, temporarily or permanently, with or without notice. We are not liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of SLOWLY.
We may without prior warning or subsequent notice terminate your account and access to SLOWLY for any or no reason. We may decide to terminate your account for a number of different reasons, including without limitation:
- if you provide false information during registration or in your profile;
- if you do not use SLOWLY for an extended period of time;
- by request of law enforcement or other government agencies;
- for discontinuance or changes made to SLOWLY or any part thereof; or
- technical or security issues or problems. We will make all termination decisions in our sole discretion and we will not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your account or access to your Content or SLOWLY.
10. Third Party Links
11. Disclaimer of Warranties
You use SLOWLY at your sole risk. We provide SLOWLY on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from or through us shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the TOS.
We do not guarantee that SLOWLY will always be safe, secure or error-free or that SLOWLY will always function without disruptions, delays or imperfections. We make no warranty that:
- SLOWLY will meet your requirements;
- SLOWLY will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free;
- the results that may be obtained from your use of SLOWLY will be accurate or reliable;
- the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained through SLOWLY will meet your expectations; and
- any errors in the software will be corrected.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through SLOWLY is done at your own discretion and risk. You will be solely responsible for any damage to your or others’ device or computer or loss of data that results, directly or indirectly, from the download of any such material.
12. Limitation of Liability
You acknowledge and agree that we cannot control the conduct of SLOWLY users and therefore cannot be responsible for any harm they may cause. We are not responsible for the actions, content, information, or data of third parties, and you release us, our directors, officers, employees, and agents from any claims and damages, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any claim you have against any such third parties.
You expressly agree that we shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive, or exemplary damages, including without limitation damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangibles (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages), and including without limitation resulting from:
- the use or the inability to use SLOWLY;
- the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from SLOWLY;
- unauthorized access to or alteration of your content, transmissions or data;
- statements or conduct of any third party on SLOWLY; or
- any other matter relating to SLOWLY.
Other users of SLOWLY with whom you associate, connect, interact and/or share content could use your content and/or likeness in a manner you dislike, disapprove of or otherwise find offensive. However, you agree not to assert any claims, actions or demands against us in connection with such use or activities, whether such use or activities are authorized by these TOS or not.
We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on SLOWLY. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline or any user of SLOWLY.
We are not liable for any lost or deleted information or data, whether intentional or unintentional nor for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, and to the extent that a judgment is rendered in a court of competent jurisdiction disregarding one or more of the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations contained herein, our aggregate liability to you shall not exceed one hundred dollar ($100).
13. Exclusions and Limitations
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above warranty limitations may not apply to you. In such cases, our warranties and liability will be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
All the actions you make and information you post on SLOWLY remain your responsibility. Therefore, you agree to indemnify, defend, release, and hold us, and our partners, licensors, affiliates, contractors, officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, harmless from and against any third party claims, damages (actual and/or consequential), actions, proceedings, demands, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) suffered or reasonably incurred by us arising as a result of, or in connection with:
- any negligent acts, omissions or wilful misconduct by you;
- your access to and use of the App;
- the uploading or submission of Content to the App by you;
- any breach of these TOS by you; and/or
- your violation of any law or of any rights of any third party.
We retain the exclusive right to settle, compromise and pay any and all claims or causes of action which are brought against us without your prior consent. If we ask, you will cooperate fully and reasonably as required by us in the defence of any relevant claim.
15. Disputes and Arbitration
You agree that any dispute relating in any way to these TOS or SLOWLY, including without limitation your or third parties’ access to or use of SLOWLY, will be resolved by binding arbitration as discussed below and not through litigation in any court (except in small claims court if the claim is within the court’s jurisdiction and proceeds on an individual basis). Claims are subject to arbitration, regardless of what theory they are based on or whether they seek legal or equitable remedies. Arbitration applies to any and all such claims or disputes, whether they arose in the past, may currently exist, or may arise in the future.
You have the right to opt out of this agreement to arbitrate if you tell us within 60 days of your first download or use of SLOWLY that you want to opt out. If you want to opt out, send a written notice advising us of your decision. Unless you opt out of arbitration, you are waiving the right to have a dispute heard before a judge or jury, or otherwise to be decided by a court or governmental tribunal.
You agree not to:
- seek to proceed on any claim in arbitration as a class claim or class action or other comparable representative proceeding;
- seek to consolidate in arbitration any claims involving separate claimants;
- be part of, or be represented in any class action or other representative action brought by anyone else; nor
- seek any award or remedy in arbitration against or on behalf of anyone who is not a named party to the arbitration. If these terms relating to class or representative procedures are legally unenforceable for any reason, then this agreement to arbitrate will be inapplicable to that claim, and that claim will instead be handled through litigation in court rather than by arbitration. No arbitrator shall have authority to entertain any claim on behalf of a person who is not a named party, nor shall any arbitrator have authority to make any award for the benefit of, or against, any person who is not a named party.
The arbitrator’s award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction.
16. Permitted Time For Filing A Claim or Lawsuit
Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of SLOWLY or the TOS must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
17. Claims Of Copyright Or Other Intellectual Property Infringement
We respect the intellectual property of others and ask our users to do the same. We may, in our sole discretion, disable or terminate the accounts of users whom we believe may be infringing the intellectual property rights of others.
If you believe your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide us with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
Please provide claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement to us at [email protected] We will consider the information you provide and other information we may obtain, and we may remove Content that we determine may infringe on your rights in our sole discretion.
You may not use SLOWLY where prohibited by law, and you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Our failure or delay to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TOS is found to be invalid by an arbitrator or pursuant to the disputes section above or a court of competent jurisdiction, you nevertheless agree that the arbitrator or court should endeavor to give effect to our intentions as reflected in these TOS. The other provisions of the TOS shall remain in full force and effect.
These TOS were written in English. If you are reading a translation and it conflicts with the English version, please note that the English version controls.
20. Deleting Your Account
You can delete your Account at any time by going to the ‘Settings’ page when you are logged in and clicking on the ‘Remove Account’’ link. Your Account will be deactivated immediately but it may take a little while for Your Content (defined below) to be completely removed from the App. We will save your profile information in case you decide to restore your Account (which you can do within 30 days of deactivating your Account). If you delete your Account and try to create a new account within this time period using the same credentials, we will re-activate your Account for you. We reserve the right at our sole discretion to terminate or suspend any Account, or make use of any operational, technological, legal or other means available to enforce the Terms (including without limitation blocking specific IP addresses), at any time without liability and without the need to give you prior notice.
21. Our Contact Information
If you have questions regarding these Terms of Service, please contact us.
Email: [email protected]
Updated as of September 13, 2019